The TopGearAssociation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RSE 2013 Race Program

2 posters

Go down

RSE 2013 Race Program Empty RSE 2013 Race Program

Post by Finked Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:36 pm

With the 2013 racing season underway RSE decided to take a step back and head to the drawing board in terms of what we wanted to run for our racing program.  The conclusion that I reached was I wanted to run BMWs. Specifically, The E9x chassis. And because I want to field a decent team I decided to only run a two car team at this time. By sticking with just one brand it makes it a little easier to service the vehicles and share parts when needed in the event something goes wrong. Not engine parts mind you but a few of the suspension bits if needed. The plan is to run one  the BMWs in the sport touring class and the other in Grand Touring, those being the most competitive classes to my knowledge. but let me introduce the two projects.

2008 BMW 335i  for SportTouring
RSE 2013 Race Program 60w8
as you can see it's some assembly required.

The car was picked up as a theft recovery from a Las vegas auction, while many of the body panels are missing, the engine and drive train were intact. making it a good candidate for our racing program. Once it was loaded up into the trailer it was brought back to RSE's  headquarters  where it was promply stripped down to a rolling shell, while also making adjustments to the body, switching the front and rear quarter panels out for M3 spec ones Smile

RSE 2013 Race Program Kpv4

The End Result looks great
RSE 2013 Race Program 1lkc
one of the shop mechanics let  me take and test fitted
the wheel setup using BBS LMs the top was also cut out to be replaced with a carbon fiber unit. all for weight savings!

The color chosen is PorscheGrey, Really simple, classy color. Wish I could use the actual car it comes on but maybe for next season Wink

RSE 2013 Race Program CREM_22
Just a tiny preview of what it actually looks like.

Now onto our Super touring project, the 2008 BMW M3.
RSE 2013 Race Program W5tw
This one sadly has seen better days as it was the victim of vandals and the rear right quarter was slammed. once again picked up at an auction at a steal. and this one is a DCT or  dual clutch transmssion. I'm sure some of you are frowning at that but hear me out. The DCT is simply the better transmission for the E92 In my opinion if you plan on beating the car hard on a track. Mind you my personal M3 has a 6MT But in this scenario It's just better to tap the flap.

Once the car was loaded up from the auction in out in bakersfield it joined it's four door little brother here at our HQ. where the doctors got to work on massaging the body back into shape and stripping the interior out. for some slight savings/ a color change. Before I continue I just want to be clear that both of these cars will have full interiors. Everything from the a/c to the stereo will work but we'll also be lightening the cars where possible. some spots I can't show you.
RSE 2013 Race Program 9rm4

As you can see the quarter panel and suspension has all been taken care of, and the install of the rollcag with the carbon fiber roof was placed in. I was thinking of doing the car in the OEM Melbourne red but.. I've kind of started to like the Alpine white so until it slaps a wall or something it'll remain white. That's it on the updates for now I'll be updating this thread regularly so check back often. Once the cars are complete and tested I'll be holding a driver search to find two drivers to fill the seats for these beauties!

Last edited by Finked on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Finked
Finked
New to the scene
New to the scene

Back to top Go down

RSE 2013 Race Program Empty Re: RSE 2013 Race Program

Post by ATL Smackdown Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:17 pm

RSE 2013 Race Program Mother-of-god

Holy shit you guys aren't playing around! that cage work on the M3 is amazing
ATL Smackdown
ATL Smackdown
New to the scene
New to the scene

Back to top Go down

Post by Finked Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:52 pm

Glad you like it. The ETA for both cars completion is for round two, and have both cars at the event. though I doubt I'll have drivers yet. So the plan is to have a driver search and have the candidates take and test in both cars.
Finked
Finked
New to the scene
New to the scene

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down